IMPORTANT NOTICE: Breastfeeding is best for infants and is recommended for as long as possible during infancy. Alimentum and EleCare are infant formulas for special medical purposes and should only be used under the recommendation or guidance of a healthcare professional.
*The 2'-FL (2'-fucosyllactose) used in this formula is biosynthesised and structurally identical to the human milk oligosaccharide (HMO) 2'-FL, found in most mothers' breast milk.7
UK-SIMILAC-2000018 November 2020
1. NHS. Types of formula milk. 2019. Available at: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/types-of-infant-formula/pdf (accessed January 2021).
2. Abbott. Data on File (AL32). April 2020.
3. Borschel M. Allergy. 2014;69(Suppl. 99):454–572.
4. Abbott. EleCare Promotional Claims Parent Survey. 2019.
5. Borschel MW, et al. BMC Pediatr. 2014;14:136.
6. Sicherer SH, et al. J Pediatr. 2001;138:688–693.
7. Reverri EJ, et al. Nutrients. 2018;10(10):1346.